2.20.2007

imma powet!

I'd forgotten na I researched in December on different poetry forms for the English bonus. And here I tried one of them. The one right here is called a "pantoum." Click here for the webpage on which I took the form from. The pantoum consists of a lot of repetitions and stuff, kaya naaliw ako. Here's my pantoum on pantoums. :D I colored the lines to show you the repetition.

Pantoum

Untypical creation
Written under norms
Some verbal fornication
Convoluted forms

Written under norms
The rules of each quatrain
Convoluted forms
To which the words contain

The rules of each quatrain
Atypical constrictions
To which the words contain
Redundant repetition

Atypical constrictions
The "pantoum" of non-prose
Redundant repetition
And nearing to the close

The "pantoum" of non-prose
Some verbal fornication
And nearing to the close
Untypical creation

Ayun. So naaliw ako. And then! I discovered na may sarili na palang poetry form ang Pinoy. It's called the "Hay(na)ku." Yeah, a play on the Japanese Haiku. XD Click
here for the webpage. Right here's my poem. It's kewl. And it explains a lot of Pinoy poems that I've read over the years in lit anthologies.

Haynaku.
Three lines.
And six words.

Yes, I basically defined it. XD And that's all to it. A stanza of three lines and six words - one word in the first line, two words in the second, and three in the third - no syllable or rhyme constraints. Astig. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home