8.13.2006

From Bullcrap to Baptism

It's really strange how one night you can be so miserably sad, and so inspired and happy the next.

I wanted to dance with her. I really did. But I wasn't able to. And now she's pissed. 'Nuff said.

The night of the Soph Nyt was also the first night of the SCA-YFC Youth Camp - also at Pisay. The party was at the ASTB, and the camp doon sa gym. Kaya pumunta kami dun after the party. Me, si RC at si Julius. I discovered I had missed out on being a faci (or so I thought) and that we had missed the first talk (which, given that I don't
like talks, really isn't a bad thing). I also discovered that I was separated from the other 2nd years there, 'cause I was a service team member. The only sophomore service team member. I really wanted to become a facilitator, (because I wanted to do something) and I asked, but the prospect of being assigned so late was dim. The night was almost over, and I had just enough time to do everything that I had to. Si RC umuwi, because she wasn't allowed to stay, pero si Julius (who brought his dorm mattress ata) stayed - with two other '09 people... Apollo and Alexis ata... and Jio and Kevin were there... although 'di sila namamansin... hmm. I still felt crummy that night - after-effect noong party - kaya I texted. Tricia and Jill replied... so did Kuya... Nagdrama ako... I described the crumminess I felt to Jill as a bad aftertaste... and somehow, nakatulog ako, thinking to myself, "Kung ganito naman ako buong camp, dapat pala umuwi na lang ako. Waste ng P200 lang." But then there was still tomorrow.

Waking up with cold feet (the literal kind; it was damn cold), I joined the service team in a meeting and learned the simple rule of service:
"The participant is always first." Meaning we could not eat or take baths if they hadn't yet. We served them - literally. Oh, RC and Josh attended that day, being sort of "extern-participants." Then later, I was told by Ate Aida (the head of the whole thing, but not a Team Leader) and Ate Clarisse - I was to be a facilitator! *woot* Tapos I learned why I was being assigned. Si Jeff, the only freshman service team member (Super-active supermember ng YFC si Jeff. Buti pa siya.) was going to be left alone handling a discussion group consisting almost completely of upper years - literally big 3rd and 4th years. And I had to help him cover more ground. Graaaah. Now I didn't want the job - think, having to lead upper years! It felt strange; facilitators have to respect service team members, pero we have to respect upper years din. Pero, I guess... mutual respect ang meaning
nun... And it ended up quite well nga eh... The rest of the day, in a nutshell, was indescribable. Basta, it was alllllll just... soooooo... *wooooooot!!* Especially the Tongues workshop and the Baptism... I've never felt so empowered and inspired in my life before - to just feel everything, the passion, the love, the faith... It felt so great to be so free.

And RC said something that made me think. We were all so united and happy - why not do this with our batch?? It'd be great in so many ways... 'di ba?
~~~
"...Chada!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Eruanne said...

hey... 'di naman ganun e...

wow, ang bilis naman ng mood shifts... ganyanan na pala ha... *glare*

beh. 2nd na pala bukas. wahahaha. :P mish yew. XD

8/16/2006 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home