7.29.2006

A Cookie to Munch On

[Published late. Sorry.]

Orio and me talked and ranted kanina. Grabe. Let me rant here din.

Second year life is evidently getting to me. Every day that passes, I become more irritable, unbearable, paranoid, and psychoanalytical (wait...is that even a word?). F**kin' world.

Entering Pisay, upon reflection, was the best mistake I ever made in my life (according to Orio) - and I regret making that mistake. [Don't understand? Stop reading. You'll just find everything else I write unreasonable and stupid. Don't judge me by what I write here. I do not hate Pisay life - I just know what it is to me now.] I should have known from the beginning that life in Pisay is no different from life in any high school - in ways, the scholar life is even much worse. No wait, let me say that again - the scholar is even much worse. Pisay people, with all their intelligence and superhuman abilities, are worse than most other youths our age (most - I'm still predisposed to hate a few certain high schools). I won't rant anymore about it - but being psychoanalytical (there I go again) I'll just list down what I've observed so far. And I admit that most of the time I am part of these disgusting behaviors - I just want everyone to know how I disgust myself.
  1. A hierarchy in any social structure, most especially in high school, can never disappear.
  2. People, by themselves, are insecure, pathetic, and vulnerable. They hide these weaknesses by exposing the weaknesses of others.
  3. When a person asserts himself or herself, mayabang daw siya. When he/she withdraws, wala raw siyang kwenta. Leaders are scorned, followers are maltreated.
  4. People are worse in groups. There is always an ugly common factor that binds a social clique or so-called barkada together - this explains high-profile people, collective machismo, mob mentalities, and the like. You, your "friends" and your classmates are all together because you are wrong in one way or another.
  5. During second year people are way more disagreeable, selfish and bitchy towards each other. Why? People want to ensure that they get into third year - they don't care if the people around them fail.
  6. Certain people dictate society. These are the people who think anything they say goes; the people who think that the world revolves around and follows them.
  7. Unstable people nowadays only depend on the following: food, addictions, and other equally unstable people.
  8. Many try hard to be something they aren't. And those who are able to do it look stupid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eruanne said...

ganyanan na pala ha. :P

8/16/2006 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Vasanti said...

C'mon Gian... you know that there are still SOME people who care about ya. Besides, there's no point psychoanalyzing people when you aren't a psychoanalyst. Or a psycho.

8/17/2006 10:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home